- This event has passed.
Africa Is Open For Business – Toronto – November 27 – SOLD OUT
November 27, 2017 @ 8:30 am - 3:00 pmFree
The Canadian Council on Africa (CCAfrica) in collaboration with the Consul General of South Africa in Canada, is pleased to host “Africa is Open for Business” Seminar and Networking event to be hosted at Ontario Investment and Trade Centre, November 27, 2017, time 8:30 am – 3:00pm. SOLD OUT EVENT!
The main purpose of this event is to provide you with first-hand information on Why you should consider the continent of Africa as a potential business destination for your company. The event will feature speakers from leading Canadian and more specifically Ontario sectors, such as: Power / Renewable Energy, Healthcare, Technology, Information Communication Technology (ICT), Education / Training and Airlines Travel Partners. The event provides also the opportunity to network with other business leaders currently operating in Africa.
The continent of Africa is a market of 54 countries plus 4 territories with a population of over 1.2 billion people and a projected population of 2.5 billion people by the year 2050. Approximately 70% of the African continent is youth. Consumer spending is set to reach over $2 Trillion by the year 2030. A good number of African countries are among the fastest growing economies in the world. Return on Investment is estimated between 15 – 30%, etc…
Among sectors of opportunities include:
- ICT: projected to contribute an annual $300 Billion to the African GDP by the year 2025
- Infrastructure: Annual infrastructure needs are estimated at $93 billion
- Power / Energy: Projected $288 billion investment by the year 2030
- Agriculture and Agribusiness: Africa has about 50% of the world uncultivated land. The World Bank predicts that African agriculture and agribusiness will generate sales of over $1 Trillion by the year 2030.
- Mining: The continent hosts about 30% of the world’s total mineral reserves (AfDB).
- Education: With booming economy in Africa the need for skilled labor force is badly needed to economically propel the continent forward.
We look forward to having you at this special event. Should you have any question, please do not hesitate to contact us.