- This event has passed.
Africa is Open for Business! – Calgary – November 15
November 15, 2017 @ 8:30 am - 11:00 am
The Round Table will focus on AFRICA IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS!.
Africa continues to offer exciting and rewarding opportunities for Canadian companies to explore and enhance their international business strategies for the coming 5 years.
The Canadian Council on Africa is pleased to host a Business Seminar on Wednesday November 15 at the McDougall Centre in downtown Calgary as part of its continuing cross Canada Roadshow to promote Africa as a focus for Canadian companies to expand their international marketing plans in these times of changing global trade relations. The opportunities are rife for enterprising ventures by Alberta companies in establishing successful commercial relations and partnerships with African counterparts.
Our morning seminar will focus on 3 objectives:
1) what governmental support and financial assistance is available for new and developing commercial relationships between Canadian and African businesses a) CanExport – Global Affairs Canada – Lily-Arlett Toussaint Sanchez – Trade Commissioner
- b) Government of Alberta – Alberta Export Expansion Program (AEEP) –Frank Kense(our apologies for a previous misunderstanding as to the speaker)
- c) Export Development Canada – tbd
2) a personal perspective by Chris Roberts (University of Calgary) about the newly announced Development Finance Institute (DFI) – https://www.edc.ca/EN/About-Us/Pages/development-finance-institution.aspx
3) a discussion among participants about the establishment of sector specific “working groups” within CCAfrica to work together within the Province and the country on common areas of interest and concern.
Date: Wednesday, November 15, 2017
Time: 8:30 AM – 11:00 AM
Venue: McDougall Centre – Rosebud Room – 455 6 St SW, Calgary