CCAFRICA SEPTEMBER 2017 NEWSLETTER
The Canadian Council on Africa (CCAfrica) is pleased to share with you our September 2017 Newsletter.
5 Key highlights: 1.New CCAfrica members, 2.Updates on the CCAfrica platform, 3.Upcoming activities, 4.News from our members, 5.Media spotlight on CCAfrica
1. CCAfrica Members:
Our CCAfrica family is growing! We are pleased to welcome 3 New CCAfrica members this summer: 6temik, Manitoba Trade and Investment (Government of Manitoba) & Skypower Global. We are also delighted to share that Skypower Global has joined at the Founding Member level. Click here to view some of our other members
ABOUT SKYPOWER GLOBAL
SkyPower is the largest and one of the most successful developers and owners of utility-scale solar energy projects in the world. With roots dating back more than 14 years, SkyPower’s global team possesses a vast track record of over 975 years of combined experience in power and large infrastructure projects.
The experienced and accomplished SkyPower team has built, assembled and acquired an extensive pipeline of over 25 GW worldwide – some of which were recently announced in bilateral agreements, and other contract awards, to be built in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia over the next five years.
SkyPower’s over 30 utility-scale solar Power Purchase Agreements (PPA) and Contracts in agregate represent well in excess of approximately US $80 billion worth of long-term renewable energy sales to leading utilities and governments around the world.
CCAfrica is proud to be celebrating 15 years of promoting Canadian Businesses, know-how, and expertise to the growing African markets. Now is the perfect time to join and become a member. Special promotion on CCAfrica membership. 15% discount when you use discount code: CCAFRICA15. Click here to become a member today.
2. CCAfrica Platform:
Our new CCAfrica online platform has over 350 active online members. Connect with key decision makers in every sector of the economy. We invite you to update your online profile on our platform. By doing so you will be able to access relevant and important information that is of interest to you. Click here to view our helpful step-by-step guide.
Click here to join our mailing list. http://ccafrica.ca/subscribe-to-newsletter/
3. Upcoming Activities:
SAVE THE DATES & REGISTER TODAY!
CCAfrica cross-country Roadshow networking events – This Fall 2017
Afrique Expansion Forum – Investment and business opportunities in Africa, October 2-3, 2017
NRBC INC & AFRICA EXPERT FORUM – Invest in African Frontier Markets – October 24-25, 2017
CAMESE annual Forum – Mining of the Future Now – November 15-16, 2017
4. Members News:
We are proud to share with you news from our members. If you are a member and wish for us to share your news on our CCAfrica website (click to view all member news) and with our network, email us your news at email@example.com.
- Contract signed! CPCS will provide transaction advisory services for the aero business cluster of Cabo Verde
- MSTA Canada Closes the Market – the Canadian Association of Mining Equipment & Services for Export (CAMESE) re-branding launch event
- SRG Graphite closes $2.1M placement with Coris
- Mercy Ships Care Mission in Cameroon
- Algold Receives 30-year mining license for Tijirit in Mauritania
- Why IAMGOLD could be the next gold major: CEO Steve Letwin interview
- Brussel Airlines, Bike for Africa – North America Edition
- Cowater – Building on recent success in Southern Africa
5. Media Spotlight on CCAfrica
- THE GLOBE AND MAIL – Article – Optimism and ambivalence for investors in sub-Saharan Africa
- CBC BUSINESS NEWS “On the Money” program with Peter Armstrong – Video – Calling on Canada! Africa: Open for Business
- TIMES COLONIST – Article – Global Voices – Trade as aid: Why Canada should do business with Africa